This video shares the 5 things you can do every day that will change the trajectory of your business…and it’s probably not what you think.
[link referenced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlA9moXtM7w]
Today I want to spend some time talking about your business leadership transformation, specifically five steps to daily clarity.
Let me tell you a little bit about me. A couple of years ago, I was completely stuck. I was spending hour upon hour working in my business constantly, neglecting everything else, because I was trying to get my business to function, getting my business to work well, and banging my head against the wall, because nothing that I was doing was working to help me expand my business. I had a good mentor of mine who sat me down, and challenged me and said, “Eric, it doesn’t work the way that you think it does. You need to turn your life upside down.”
I replied, “What are you talking about?”
He said, “There are five steps to daily clarity that have very little to do with your business. If you’ll focus on these five things, it will change your life.”
And guess what? It did.
So what are the five steps to daily clarity?
- Get up in the morning and move. Could just be 10 minutes, but do something that will get the blood flowing, that will get your body moving. You want to break a sweat.
- Spend 10 to 15 minutes in prayer and meditation. Get quiet. Our lives are so noisy. We hardly ever stop and listen. Can you listen and hear the voice of God? Can you take the time to intentionally slow down?
- Express gratitude, especially for your family and for your kids. Take some time, whether it’s verbally, to have a conversation about what you appreciate about a family member, or maybe write a note, or say something that gets your expression of realizing all of the blessings that you have in your life.
- Take 10 to 15 minutes and read or listen to something that will make an improvement in your business or in your overall life. Something that will help you learn something new. Get a new perspective on what you’ve been doing.
- Journal and expose yourself to truth. What do you mean by that? Well, I have another video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlA9moXtM7w) that is 10 steps to understanding and unlocking truth. There is a process where every single day, I ask myself 10 questions that help me walk through and discover whether or not I’m living or operating in truth, or whether or not I might be telling myself a lie, or something that has me completely confused or off course. And it’s a place to reset myself.
These five things made a tremendous difference in my life and changed the trajectory of my business. And I bet they’ll do the same thing for you.