Original Financial Impact
- Couple in their late 40’s/early 50’s and 4 young children.
- Had legal documents that had not been updated since children were born, but entire estate was designated to their children in trust.
- No plans for a lifetime inheritance.
- Wanted to limit the inheritance for their children but were not clear on the amount.
- Owned a business that was nearing a sale in the next 2-4 years and would be subject to substantial capital gains taxes.
Original Family Impact
- They wanted to be intentional with how they were raising their children but unsure where to start.
- They didn’t know what conversations to have around wealth and timing of those conversations with their children.
- Their was a desire to be more generous but little clarity around the impact the family could make.