The Original Situation
- Couple was in their 50’s and had 3 children.
- Family’s wealth was highly concentrated in one stock – the family business that went public.
- Had way more income than they needed and were paying more in annual income taxes than necessary.
- Wills created multiple trusts that would provide a substantial income to their children and assets to their future grandchildren.
- Wanted to provide their children a lifetime inheritance as well as a post-death inheritance.
- Had a very large insurance policy that they didn’t need and it was going to lapse because it was performing poorly.
- We created a strategic giving plan that enabled them to give stock and cash to utilize the maximum income tax deduction.
- We eliminated the provision in their Wills that provided assets to their future grandchildren.
- We developed a Children’s Trust to provide the entire lifetime and post-death inheritance to their children.
- We did a 1035 exchange of the insurance to an annuity which allowed them to surrender the policy, receive the cash value, and receive income tax savings for the performance loss.
Maximize Family Value
Lifetime Income: Decreased 15%
Lifetime Inheritance: Increased 1000+%
Post-Death Inheritance: Decreased 94%
Income Taxes: Decreased 31%
Inheritance Taxes: Completely Eliminated
Lifetime Giving: Increased 101%
Total Giving: Increased 45%
Case studies are for informational and illustrative purposes only and not to be considered a guarantee of results.
Actual results will vary with each situation.